What’s all the hype about Detox?!
Without even realizing it, we come into contact with hundreds of chemicals & toxins in everyday products and our environment. Our Colon, Liver, Kidneys, Lungs, Skin and Lymphatic system don’t get enough credit for the constant work they do behind the scenes everyday. These organs work 24/7 to filter and remove harmful chemicals, heavy metals and environmental pollutants to keep our complex internal system running smoothly.
TOXINS can contribute to a range of health concerns such as:
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping
- Indigestion and other temporary gastrointestinal upset
- Food cravings and weight gain
- Reduced mental clarity
- Low libido
- Skin issues
- Joint discomfort
- Chronic disease
Detoxing is not just for those “crunchy,” super-health conscious people.
It’s for EVERYONE.
Think about it… you’re how old? If you’ve never done a formal full-body detox, your organs are most likely worn out from year after year of filtering the junk being put into your body – from food, products, smoke, etc. Symptoms like fatigue is your body’s way of telling you it needs a BREAK!
We recommend everyone does as least one or two comprehensive detox programs each year.
We offer several structured detox programs from Standard Process ranging from 10-days up to 28-days that brings healthy diet and lifestyle habits into focus. These detox programs provide the body with additional nutritional support it may need to metabolize and expel toxins safely during each of the three phases of metabolic detoxification. Menu options includes a varied abundance of fresh whole foods that support easy, safe and healthy removal of toxins. Many people use these structured programs as a way to jump-start healthier eating habits.
Doing a diet detox is a great way to reboot your system but what can you do on a daily basis to assist detox organs and avoid toxin build-up?
Simple ways to Detox your LIFESTYLE
- Start your day with warm Lemon water to cleanse the liver
- Create a meditation and breathing practice, even just 5 minutes per day
- Use a dry-brush before showering to detox the skin
- Exercise and sweat at least 3 days per week
- Add house plants that purify the air
- Replace chemical-laden cleaning products with non-toxic alternatives
- Use deodorant instead of aluminum containing antiperspirants
- Carefully choose skincare products free of chemicals – check out www.EWG.org
- Shut off all electronics before bed to avoid wi-fi exposure while sleeping (airplane mode works too)
- Eat organic, real food
- Try to eat something green with every meal to cleanse the blood
- Cook meals with herbs like cilantro which chelates heavy metals
- Incorporate a daily detox herbal tea
- & while we’re at it, make sure you’re taking a quality multi-vitamin & probiotic!